Tuesday, August 23, 2011

The non-diaper bag

First off, if you are here via a link party, thanks for stopping by, and I hope you stay a little while and have a look around!

Before Brady was born I received an amazing coach diaper bag from my mother and sis in laws. I loved/love it, and have gotten so much use out of it. Recently I had started to want a little change. Something a little different. I love that bag, but since I also use it as a purse, I wanted a little something new after all this time. Something that could function as a diaper bag, but looks a little more like a purse.
I decided to use some fabric that I had been saving for something special. I love this fabric. It was my first try at really making my own pattern. I typically go off of something I saw online, or a pattern I got somewhere. I think it turned out pretty well. I would change it slightly, like the way the pleats turned out, but not too much.
 The lining inside has a large zipper pocket on one side.
 And two large pockets on the other side. With my label of course.
 Making it work, I used a fabric covered button and loop for a closure, but next time I would do a magnetic closure.
 It has a long over the body (or stroller) strap, and two shorter shoulder straps.
 So I really like it, and the price is pretty amazing.
 Best part, it still fits all of this nonsense in there, with room to grow!
 I have gotten one compliment on it, and I will admit, it feels good when you know you made it all! So what do you think? Old lady-ish, or kinda cute?


Linking up to:
http://thetrendytreehouse.blogspot.com/
http://todayscreativeblog.net/
http://brandyscrafts.blogspot.com/
http://www.somewhatsimple.com/
http://tatertotsandjello.blogspot.com/

8 comments:

  1. I think it's old lady-ish so you'd better just give it to me!! Just kidding, it's super cute!! I love it. It's amazing that you can just whip something like that up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely cute. I can't wait to getting around to making myself a non-diaper bag, I currently am carrying an old Gap tote :) But $15, who can complain. Thanks for sharing your cute bag, it's great inspiration. - Jess at OlyMomma

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it! I wouldn't change a thing. :) I can't wait till I can sew this well. lol Hopping over from a linky party. Off to snoop around your blog a bit. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That turned out great! You should consider a tutorial maybe:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Turned out great! Thats exactly what I've been wanting!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...