Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Valentine's Day

I don't normally decorate for holidays, other than Christmas really. But after having Brady, everything seems like more fun when it is decorated. So I decided to do a little decorating for valentine's day.
I set a very small budget, like $2 small, so I did not have much to work with.
First I bought some candy hearts, for a dollar, and placed them in a vase. Then I painted some wooden skewers pink, and glued some hearts to the top. I tied a little bow around the vase, and here is my valentine's center piece.

It kind of looks like a craft Brady helped with, but he didn't. Oh well I still like it.

Next up, I found a piece of a 4 by 4 in the yard from the new construction behind our house, and have saved it for awhile. I finally knew how I wanted to use it. First I used my jigsaw to cut them in 4 inch sections.
(My Dad would be so proud, he made me but that thing 6 months ago and I finally used it, by myself! Makes me want to do the tool man Taylor grunt thing)

Then I painted the corners and sides

Finally I modge podged scrapbook paper and letters on them to spell out LOVE.


Not sure how they will go but I also really LOVE these blocks, cute! Oh and Brady likes to play with them too, so it is a win, win.

Next was a dish towel. I forgot to take pictures of the process, but I cut up a flour sack from the dollar store, sewed on some hearts, a button, and some trim. I sewed the flour sack the size I wanted, right sides facing one another, leaving a hole. I turned it right side out, and top stitched around the whole thing. I would of loved to have had red thread to do my top stitching, BUT that would involving spending more money, and dragging Brady to the store. So that did not happen. First thing Brady did after seeing this after waking up from his nap was try to get the hearts and button off. He is so destructive, aren't all boys?

Hmm maybe I should do less crafting, and more cleaning of that oven, but that is no fun! :)

Lastly was my burlap wreath from this post. I simply sewed a ribbon to each felt heart. That way they can easily come off, and be used for next year. I started to add bows and more junk, but then I decided I liked it just like this.


This is my favorite valentines day craft, and I can't wait to change this wreath for other months.
My only question is: Is it wrong to leave up my wreath all of February? Or will my neighbors freak out like I do when Christmas lights are up past January 1st? (My neighbors lights are still up by the way! It is Jan 27th people! At least they don't come on anymore.) Can you tell my pet peeve?
Anyway! Hope you have a wonderful month full of LOVE!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...