Sunday, March 7, 2010

Baby Shower Week - decor

In continuing with baby shower week, I want to share what I did to decorate for the baby shower I threw yesterday for my friend Becky.
The theme was diapers and she is having a boy, so there was a lot of blue and diapers.

First, I made garlands out of fabric. I cut the fabric into diaper shapes similar to the invitations I made. They are sewn to some blue ribbon and I hung them on my curtain rods and banisters throughout the living room.
This is one of the smaller curtain rods.

This picture is directly in the sunlight, but the garland is on the large curtain rod.

This is on the banister.

In lieu of balloons made some tissue flowers and hung them from the fan. Oh Martha how I love you, see how to do these easy flowers here. I did not realize how much I would love these, if I would of had more time, I would have made more.

Next was another garland for the kitchen, behind the food table. It was made out of Scrapbook paper, ribbon, and fabric, and it welcomed baby Jeramiah.


Of course, I had to change out my wreath and make it baby shower appropriate. I also added blue star window clings to the storm door and window. Brady thought these were great!

Lastly, I hung some onesies over the fireplace with clothes pins. These were also part of an activity we did, which will be covered later in baby shower week.

Make sure you come back tomorrow and see yummy food we had.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...