Friday, August 26, 2011

Toilet Paper Roll Wreath

If you are here from a link party, welcome! Thanks for stopping by and I hope you are able to stay awhile, and take a look around.

The first project in the series on toilet paper roll crafts is a toilet paper roll wreath.
 My inspiration was this faux rosewood wreath I have been wanting for forever. It is so lovely, and from my fav target. Even though it is pretty inexpensive, it is still more than free!
First step was to save up a bunch of toilet paper rolls. Then I cut them into about thirds.
Once I had quite a few third pieces of toilet paper rolls, I was ready to cut them into spirals. Once they were cut I could curl them back around on themselves to make little rosebuds. I started to place the rosebuds around a dollar store wreath form that I already had.

Once I had what looked enough rosebuds, I started hot gluing them on, to cover the wreath form. They are pretty much all different sizes, so it does not look exactly the same all over.  
Last step is to spray paint it your color of choice. I choose a white, but I had it on hand. If it was my perfect world, I would have done a cream or more natural white. I even like it un-painted, in the natural cardboardish colors.
After it is painted, you can hang it up with a ribbon, and you are done! 
Pretty awesome for free huh?
Make sure you come back to check out the rest of the toilet paper roll projects in the near future.



linking up to:
http://tatertotsandjello.blogspot.com/
http://thetrendytreehouse.blogspot.com/
http://brandyscrafts.blogspot.com/
http://www.somewhatsimple.com/

10 comments:

  1. Wow, love, love!!!! This so clever. You are a clever crafter!!!
    I am following you now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun project! I just happen to have two paper grocery bags full of tp rolls that I saved for school projects and never used. This would be a fun way to use them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable! I know what i'm doing this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this project! super cute! and Proverbs 31 is such a beautiful passage, great blog title! I'm a new follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The wreath you made from toilet paper rolls is amazing!!!! Hope it's okay I've featured your project on my toilet paper roll craft round-up hub here:

    http://jamiebrock.hubpages.com/hub/Clever-Crafts-Using-Toilet-Paper-Rolls


    Thank you so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks great! I can't wait to try it for this Christmas. Thanks for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful up cycle! Found your blog thru Jamie Brock's Hub page ;-) Now I've gotta make one of these!
    JoAnn

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your proverbs 31 life title. The craft is cool too.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...